I’ve Only Been Here for How Long?!

October 8th, 2015 ervoge19

Hey, guys! My name is Emily and I am so incredibly excited to share my experiences on the hill with you this year! As a native of the Chicagoland area in Illinois, many people have asked me why I decided to go to college so far away. In short, I knew Holy Cross was the perfect fit for me. (However, I will talk more on that as the blogs continue. 🙂 ) I have only just started my journey here at Holy Cross, yet it strangely feels like I’ve been here for months. Even now as I’m writing this, I am thinking back on the weeks I’ve been here and it’s really shocking to see how so many things have happened in such a short amount of time.

Homecoming was last week and even though we unfortunately lost, the whole weekend was a lot of fun! I am proud to say, readers, that during homecoming week I officially marched in my first marching band show! (It really is a great accomplishment for me.) Despite the fact that I have never marched in a band before, I felt very comfortable during our first performance of our halftime show. Not only is the band director so welcoming to people who have never marched before, but also the upperclassmen are so incredibly supportive that it almost feels like I’ve been marching all my life.

Fall is finally upon us here on Mount St. James so everyone has been breaking out the fancy fall boots and coats. Fall-themed food is supposed to appear in Kimball this coming week so I am very excited to finally jump into fall! I’ve heard fall in New England is gorgeous. I’m hoping to add pictures next blog post. This campus really is incredibly beautiful, especially at night when you can see the twinkling lights of Worcester from the top of the hill.

Currently I am in the Science Library inside the Science Complex getting ready to study for my Computer Science 131 midterm that I have next Tuesday, so I will see you guys next week!

Best wishes,

Emily Vogelsperger