Winter on the Hill…and All That Jazz

February 10th, 2016 ervoge19

Hey guys!
It’s been quite a while, so I apologize for not updating—it’s just been so busy! Winter break was a badly needed rest from long nights studying and early 9 AM classes. However, before it was even half over I found myself itching to get back on campus. Now that everyone is back, it feels like we never left. It was actually pretty surprising how easy it was to get back into the swing of things.
Second semester looks incredibly promising! With harder classes, more responsibilities, and best of all SNOW! I had heard from upperclassmen that last year Worcester was the snowiest city in the nation. Up until now, the weather hasn’t been incredibly similar to last winter. But recently that all changed!! I honestly didn’t think I could fall in love with the beauty of the campus even more, but I stand corrected. Here are some pictures!

At some point, every HC student takes a picture of this scene during winter.

I just love it when it snows so much that the trees have the white lining.

My friend Abby and I enjoying the first heavy snowfall!

Snow, however, wasn’t the only eventful thing on campus last week. Last semester I auditioned to be in the pit band for HC’s spring musical: Chicago! (Ironic—I know) Last week was all rehearsals and shows, so I was pretty occupied. But it was beyond worth it! We heard some people commenting on how it was the best pit band Holy Cross has seen in a while. In fact—all five shows sold out within two days! The musical was a blast and the best part was that most of my friends from band were in the pit as well.

My friends and I fooling around before the Saturday night showing of Chicago!

Marching band season is over and we are now moving into Concert Band where I have recently taken the position of co-librarian with another freshman. It’s a lot of work, but I love being able to contribute to the band in a significant way.

That’s a very condensed update with how things are going lately! I hope to write every Friday or every other Friday in the near future.
See you guys soon! Stay warm!

Best wishes,
Emily Vogelsperger

One Response to “Winter on the Hill…and All That Jazz”

1. Jared Cosby says:

Wow! Didnt know you had one! I will definitely be reading 🙂