Homeward Bound

October 20th, 2015 ervoge19

Hey, guys!

While my blog may be quiet, my life on the hill certainly isn’t.  However, I was able to get a much needed break just two weeks ago during the college’s week long Fall Break (nope–I’m not talking about Thanksgiving Break 😉 ).  Yep, you heard me right–we get a week long break in the middle of the first semester!  This is great for many reasons, but my favorite being the fact that I was able to return home for the first time since moving in.  The timing was simply perfect, because around October I started feeling little pangs of longing for deep dish pizza, Lake Michigan, and, of course, my family.  I absolutely loved being back home again; however, as much as I missed home, during my week long vacation I found myself thinking about Holy Cross.  By the time I was getting ready to return to campus I was beyond excited to get back to my life on the Hill.

Worcester may not be Chicago, but it has certainly become my second home.  I will say that it scared me a little bit to see myself wishing to be back on campus while I was in the one place I had been longing to return to for two months.  But I’ve realized now that it’s just all part of the transition.  I am living here for an extended period of time.  Initially, college may not feel like home, but the more time I spend at Holy Cross, with the breathtaking campus and the equally amazing people, the more my definition of “home” changes.

Also, who can resist the gorgeous fall colors?

Even the ivy changes color here.

Even the ivy changes color here.

Best wishes,

Emily Vogelsperger